How to Nominate
Each year Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame solicits from the general public nominations of individuals and Belt of Orion candidates for induction into the Hall of Fame.
As of the 2010 Induction Year, consideration will be given to nominations of groups of individuals, including family members, whose collective accomplishments are of major significance. Please consult the Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame office for further details.
All nominations received are reviewed by a Nominations Review Committee (NRC), which prepares a list of the top nominations. The NRC's recommendations are then presented to the Board of Directors at their fall meeting, at which time the Inductees for the following year are chosen.
The Nominations Review Committee looks for demonstrated outstanding abilities in overcoming challenge, management ability, special talents, peer recognition, responsibility and accomplishments which contribute a lasting benefit to Canada.
If you wish to nominate an individual for membership in Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame or submit a nomination for a group or organization for the Belt of Orion Award for Excellence, there are two options:
Print off the attached official nomination form and criteria for Individual or Belt of Orion.
- Individual Nomination Form - pdf
- Individual Nomination Form
- Belt of Orion Nomination Form & Criteria- pdf
- Belt of Orion Nomination Form & Criteria
Mail completed nomination packages to the address below:Nominations Review Committee
PO Box 6090
The nomination form must be completed and signed by the Nominator and Seconder.
The deadline for nominations each year is on or before May 31st.*Adobe Acrobat Reader software is required to view or download this document. Download your FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Induction into the CAHF is an extremely prestigious accomplishment. Many distinguished air and space pioneers are currently in our nomination files. In order to make your nominee more competitive, please make your nomination package as thorough, comprehensive and documented as possible. This may include detailed narratives and pictures (non-returnable) of the nominee, for example. Once a nomination package has been submitted, it may always be updated with additional information as it becomes available.
Possible areas to consider when developing your nomination package:
- Provide a 5-7 page biography which summarizes the nominee's achievements.
- Please use 12pt. font size as minimum and do not submit nomination packages in 3-ring binders, notebooks, etc.
- Identify national and international awards, decorations, honours, etc.
- When and where did the nominee make his or her personal significant contributions?
- What are the nominee's contributions of lasting benefit to Canada and how are they being used today?
- What distinguishes the nominee from others in the same field in terms of challenges overcome, special talents, reliability and responsibility shown, respect of peers and consistency of performance?
- Any other facts that you feel are pertinent to your nominee's package.
- Please submit two (2) hard copies of the entire nomination application, one of which must contain original signatures, plus, if possible, one electronic copy of the entire application.
- Please read the Nomination Form and its attached Nomination Criteria page carefully for more information on specific requirements.
If you have any questions on developing your nomination package, feel free to Contact Us